Friday, July 27, 2012

learning to adjust

If you study the personalities, I am a classic beaver/type A/melancholy/insert your own term here. I need a plan and a list and a calender. I'm slightly OCD and have been known to carry multiple calenders to keep organized.
Living without a plan and having to rely on how quickly other people do their work has been horrible for me. I've been planning on moving Monday, however it wasn't until 3:30 today that I knew for sure that it would happen. I've tried to let things go and "live for the moment," but it has been a struggle.
Today was one of my low days in this entire process. I'm not sure what it was. I just felt so close and so far away from getting to where I want to be. I honestly threw a temper-tantrum. I'm ashamed to say it included me saying, "why does God do this to me?" I laid down to take a nap and prayed: "God, I just blogged about your faithfulness. I need you to be faithful now." He kindly replied, "You also blogged about how you needed to be faithful."
So quick am I to praise him and hope on my blog or facebook to say things are great when they are, but how quick am I to complain when I don't see him working. I was not faithful in my praise today, only in my whining.
Psalm 55:22 says, "Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken." Yes, we may have to wait until the 11th hour. I have done that so many times, I don't know why I doubted today. However, I am working on my faithfulness to praise and wait on him. I need to give him my cares and allow him to work it out, even if I have to wait and scrap my calendar! 

2 comments:

  1. It's a good thing that God knows us and loves us all the time. Nobody, separate from God, is always faithful. We all fall short...but we do rise again! Love your honesty Natalie!!

    ReplyDelete