Monday, July 23, 2012

I may need elastic pants

One of our greatest trials in the whole moving process has been just that, moving. We found the "perfect" house for us 2 months and 4 days ago. We made an offer, the sellers accepted, the bank made us wait. After 2 months and 4 days, we found out that the sale is not going to go through the wa things are.
Now is my time for confession, I am a spoiled wife. I have an amazing husband who I love more than anything. I would rather spend time with him and our children than do anything else in the world. He's my best friend and my rock. I have spent the last month and 5 days with him in another city. I usually see him 2.5 days a week. I have learned an entirely new appreciation for military families because I'm telling you now... I couldn't do it.
So, why didn't got tell us 2 months and 4 days ago that the house wasn't going to go through. Why have I spent 36 days counting the hours until Jeremy gets home and then praying the moments he's here never end?
Well, God needed to grow me and he needed to grow my husband. In the moments that I was sure to have enough faith that God was going to give us the house, I heard God whisper, 'Will you have faith if I don't?' I honestly pretended not to hear, because at the time, I really don't think that I did.
I told God over and over that he could give me a really cool testimony because buying a house through short sale really isn't short. I'd be able to tell everyone how he provided for us. In fact, the day after we made the offer, a friend told me, "The Lord says that you have been faithful to him, now he'll be faithful to you." I knew she was talking about that house. I knew I was going to have a testimony of God's faithful provision.
Yesterday during worship God whispered again, "Your testimony will be how I sustained you." Isn't that amazing? God took care of me in ways that I didn't know he would because I was so focused on the house. He provided joy and strength that I could have never imagined. He has become my rock because there were days when he was all I had.
I know the perfect house is coming. It may even be the house that we were just told wouldn't work. However, until then, I know that God is faithful. He's growing and stretching me into just the right pants!

No comments:

Post a Comment