Saturday, July 28, 2012

Just plain thankful

So Monday is the big day. After 42 days apart, we finally get to live as a family again. I have posted previously that I never thought that I would have made it through. It really was only by the grace of God that I did.
As I sit today and think back, I'm not only thankful for how God brought me through, but I am also thankful for those that God put in my life to get me through. I moved in with my mom, basically so that I didn't have to spend all of the nights alone. I'm not big on staying in my house without Jeremy. It helped a lot to have my mom and sister home at night to keep me occupied. When nights got hard, I always had them to hug me, watch a movie with me, or just help with bed time. 
My in-laws helped me more than they probably know as well. Tuesdays were the hardest days of the week. I spent most Tuesday's feeling like I was in a downward spiral. Tuesdays were the farthest I was from seeing Jeremy and they were long days. I usually spent mornings crying while I tried to take care of all things kid related and keep them from knowing.
One Tuesday, I cried all morning, texted my mother-in-law to see if we could come swim... I cried all the way to her house. She helped entertain the kids, fed us dinner, and then let me take a nap on the couch. I'm not sure what I would have done without her that day.
Ecclesiastes 4:10 says, "But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up." I am so grateful for these 3 ladies in my life and that my kids have these ladies in their lives. God used them in ways I know that none of them realize and for that, I'm just plain thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment