Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sustaining

I blogged before about the time God spoke to me about sustaining me and He truly has. I am notorious for running to someone when I have a problem or can't do something. Usually, that person is my husband and he shoulders it all quite well.
I've known for  a long time that God wanted to be the first person I ran to, but it was always so much easier to run to Jer. After Jer moved to Parma, I ran to my mom. Then came the days when they were both in staff meetings at the same time! I had no where else to go, but God!
While I don't have to worry about that as much because Jeremy and I live in the same place now, God spoke to me about it again this morning. The second half of Isaiah 46:4 says, "I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you. I will sustain you and I will rescue you."
He uses sustain twice in that verse. He also made me and will carry me. Sometimes I forget that God is in control and has ordered my steps.
If we walk in obedience and follow his will, he will carry us. He will get us to where we need to be and he will sustain us along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment