Friday, August 3, 2012

embracing the new

For those of you who know me, I do not embrace change of any kind. I don't like to change routine, my hair, my anything - let a lone my life. I thought that moving where God wanted me would nullify my resistance. Well, I'm not going to lie, I'm having a difficult time. Nothing here is the same. I know that is kind of a "duh" statement. The Walmart is laid out different.The drivethru's aren't the same.
I don't want to sound whiney. I know that I've posted a lot of struggles on here, but it is through this whining to God that he's been teaching me.
Today when I said, "God, even the Home Depot is new." He responded with Isaiah 43:19, "See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland." The thing is, He's doing this in my heart. He's providing me with a new heart in a way he couldn't any other way. He's spoken to my husband with an intimacy he never could have had. He's giving us opportunities that we would have never thought possible or that we would have even thought we would have wanted. He's doing a new thing in us. I am excited to see what that means for those around us as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment