Monday, October 29, 2012

Though he slay me ...

I really don't want this blog to be a lot of posts where I whine about my life. I hope that it never seems like that. There are a lot of things that God has brought me to and is bringing me through that I am learning from, it's just stretching and a process. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of stretching.
We are currently in a 90 days Bible class where we read through the entire Bible in 90 days. Last week was Job. I've always thought, "Well, at least I'm not Job." So many times though, we are just that. We might not physically lose all that Job did, but there are times when God allows us to be tested so that our faith can grow.
Today I went to the doctor. My appointment was great; the baby is doing well. However, I just found out that I am going to have to switch doctors because of some insurance stuff. It will be a blessing financially to us, but it's a pain. I'm so blessed to be in Parma living out God's plan, but living in an apartment is a huge pain. So many things have come to us that are blessing us, but they have brought their own trials and tests and hardships. It's hard to not focus on the difficult.
Then we look at Job. God continually spoke this verse to me this afternoon: "Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him" (Job 13:15). I know he'll work it out. I know that our finances will be okay. God has been so faithful to us and has taught us through our faithfulness to him. He has given us a great deal and has brought us here. I know that he didn't bring us here to "slay" us. However, my hope is in him because he gives me joy and peace.
What if God has said, "Look at them, Satan, there is no one on earth like them. They are blameless and upright." I want to live up to Job's description. Job was blessed in the end and his life ended greater than it began. That is my hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment